RESP Withdrawals: What Qualifies as Valid Proof of Enrollment?

Valid proof of enrollment is required when making an Educational Assistance Payment (EAP) or Post-Secondary Education Payment (PSE) from a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).

It is important to distinguish which type of payment you wish to make before you start the withdrawal process. 

What Are Acceptable Documents?

  • Class schedule
  • Invoice from the educational institution
  • Confirmation of enrollment later from registrar's office

Please ensure that:

  • The document includes ALL the mandatory pieces of information (listed below)
  • The document is valid for 6 months following the end of the semester

Document MUST include:

  1. The document must be an official document from the post-secondary institution
  2. The document must include the name of the post-secondary institution
  3. The document must include the name of the beneficiary (student)
  4. The document must include the semester/term (i.e., Fall 2022)
  5. The document must include the student's status (full-time or part-time)

What Documents Are NOT Accepted?

  • An acceptance letter
  • Admissions offer
  • Email

Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding making a RESP withdrawal or obtaining valid confirmation of enrollment.

Posted In: PostsEducation

Back to Top ↑