RESP Withdrawals: What Qualifies as Valid Proof of Enrollment?
Valid proof of enrollment is required when making an Educational Assistance Payment (EAP) or Post-Secondary Education Payment (PSE) from a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).
It is important to distinguish which type of payment you wish to make before you start the withdrawal process.
What Are Acceptable Documents?
- Class schedule
- Invoice from the educational institution
- Confirmation of enrollment later from registrar's office
Please ensure that:
- The document includes ALL the mandatory pieces of information (listed below)
- The document is valid for 6 months following the end of the semester
Document MUST include:
- The document must be an official document from the post-secondary institution
- The document must include the name of the post-secondary institution
- The document must include the name of the beneficiary (student)
- The document must include the semester/term (i.e., Fall 2022)
- The document must include the student's status (full-time or part-time)
What Documents Are NOT Accepted?
- An acceptance letter
- Admissions offer
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding making a RESP withdrawal or obtaining valid confirmation of enrollment.